Interested instructors should apply to attend an educator master class EMC.
- to do so they should submit
· their CV
· a covering letter outlining the reasons they wish to be considered
· Supporting letter from the NRC (local lead educator, NCD).
- Participants for the EMC are selected by the EAG in accordance to the following specifications:
- Professional qualification to access: Graduate in Healthcare, Nursing, Medicine, or Health Sciences
- Educational profile
· Preferably a first degree or post graduate qualification in Education or Currently studying for a post graduate qualification in Education or Medical Education (Certificate, Diploma or equivalent)
· Experience of adult education (minimum of 3 years) within a health care setting (ERC courses or equivalent preferable).
· At least 4 years of continuous activity as a GIC instructor
- Preferably a clinical background and experience in the specialist field
- ERC Associate Gold Membership
- In case of upcoming questions participants may be interviewed by a member of the EAG.
- To become an Educator Candidate EdC, they then have to successfully complete the EMC
- In order to become an Educator, the Educator Candidate needs to take part in the faculty of 2 GIC courses, under the guidance of experienced Educators, to the satisfaction of the Educational Advisory Group.
- The Educator: Educator Candidate ratio should be 1:1.
- During the EMC and the following courses, the EdC will be expected to fulfill the following expectations:
o Knowledge and practical application of adult learning principles
o Familiarity with ERC teaching strategies and techniques
o Expert communication skills (especially in the management of student behaviours and faculty support, with particular emphasis on competence in relational issues, effective feedback and presentation skills)
o Able to demonstrate competence in educational practice in managing teaching and learning (empathy, credibility, honesty, supportive attitude, individual and team orientated).
o Ability to organise, motivate and lead groups of instructors focused on achieving course learning objectives
o Ability to be flexible in managing candidate, faculty or programme related issueso Preferably have an expert knowledge and demonstrable commitment to being contemporary in the evidence base supporting both education and health science
- Eds must take part as educator in a minimum of one Instructor course, educator meeting or medical education conference in 2 years.
- Educators who are also GIC Directors cannot undertake the role of Educator in the same course.