- A CD must be faculty member on a minimum of 2 courses every 2 years with at least one of these as CD, for each course type.
- A CD qualified for several course types who maintains CD status for one course type will also remain CD for any other course types that they are instructor for.
- A CD who maintains CD status for a course type also remains instructor for that course type.
- Each CD will act as CDC and be reassessed by a Course Director (onsite), every six years. If they are registered in the faculty of a course, they are flagged for the CD and will be assessed on the faculty assessment screen. Following a negative assessment, a second assessment by a different CD should take place within 1 year. If the second assessment is negative or not completed within the specified time, the CD being assessed will lose their CD status and will be referred to the NRC, self-sufficient for that type of course, or the appropriate ICC Chair in other case.
From 01/11/2020 onwards, changes similar to that of an instructor:
- A CD must be faculty member on a minimum of 2 courses every 3 years with at least one of these as CD, for each course type for which they are CD.
- They should also attend at least one Educational instructor day in the 3 year period. See the separate solution sheet on 'educational instructor day'.